Cape Art Tiles reproduces regional artists images and custom images sent digitally on ceramic tile, glass cutting boards, and an array of other materials. The glossy ceramic tile provides a brilliant canvas for the best artwork and photo reproduction. Most of our tiles come in a glossy finish, unless otherwise stated in the description, but satin is available upon request.
(When selecting a tile body for a particular application, keep in mind that not all tiles will work in all applications. For example, I would never use a glossy coated tile in a water application such as in a bathroom or kitchen. Glossy tiles are prone to scratching and will not hold up under heavy or constant cleaning. I primarily use a glossy tile for framed art, tile boxes or simply as a display mural that will not be grouted and will be placed high on a wall.)
Here is a brief description of optional tile choices:
- Glossy Finish: Provides a brilliant canvas for best artwork and photo reproduction. However, it is susceptible to scratches and not recommended for surfaces which require frequent cleaning.
- Satin Porcelain: An off-white tile that generates a more muted or artistic color reproduction. Recommended for all water applications and outdoor use where freeze/thaw is an issue.
- Tumbled Stone: A flat stone finish that presents any art or image in an old-world fashion. Tumbled stone must be sealed if used in a water application.
- Glass: Glass offers such diversity in its use. The glass is imaged on the backside so durability is not an issue. The coating on the backside is waterproof so it can be used in swimming pools. The surface texture has been tested for commercial floor applications and passed. These new glass tiles can be used anywhere! Showers, countertops, walls, floors, inside, outside, and we are even using them in framed murals and boxes which gives some artwork an incredible effect.
- Glass Cutting Boards: These glass cutting boards are made with Tempered Glass and have a white coated back for sublimation printing. This is ideal because the print is protected behind the glass. These glass cutting boards make a beautiful addition to any kitchen! Hand washing is suggested.
- Unisub™ MDF key hanger makes an attractive decoration for any household, plus keeps keys organized and easy to find. Each key hanger is predrilled for four hooks, which are attached after printing. Hooks may be switched to accommodate leashes/collars. Measures. 5″ X 11″ x .5″ thick.